For this week,
- Georectify a map using QGIS!
That’s it. Just send a screenshot to Dave and me.
The steps for this will take you through a basic getting-to-know you tour of QGIS.
- Identify a map that you’d like to see georectified: this requires the existing resource surveys.
- Load in a vector reference map, from either Natural Earth (if it’s a large scale map) or some more local city data (if it’s a city map or smaller).
- Load in the map and georectify it using at least 8 points.
- Inspect the created raster file and make sure it worked.